Posted on February 10th, 2008 No comments
FixedGearFever – www.FixedGearFever.com:
- Resurrected defunct track website in 2001
- Rebuilt the website and maintained it as primarily a news entity until late 2003
- Introduced the “Web Community” functionality in November 2003.
- Successfully administered and developed FixedGearFever with funding coming from web hosting sales to bicycle clubs and bicycle racers at significantly discounted rates.
- Developed and implemented effective advertising plans that allow cycling entities share their products with track racing enthusiasts.
- Designed and developed complex gear spreadsheets designed for track cyclists. Calculations include speed at various rpms in different gears, lap times at various speeds and much more!
- Increased traffic from an average of 150 hits per day to over 10,000 hits per day.
- Conducted interviews with Olympic, World and National Champions as well as other professional racers and Olympic hopefuls.
- Performed in depth product testing on track related components, bicycles and accessories.
- Maintained a professional and fun environment for track cycling discussion through quiet and discrete moderation.
- In 2007, began covering UCI International events live from trackside. This revolutionary way of covering track racing boosted our average daily website traffic by 300% during the event! Users from over 57 countries logged in to read the play-by-play action! To date, World Cup events in Los Angeles and Manchester, as well as the World Championships in Palma de Mallorca have been covered!
- Called at the last minute to work as the Assistant to the Communication Director at the 2006 Tour de Georgia.
- Managed the charging and distribution of batteries for nearly 200 radios for the event.
- Drove the Communication Director car for the event, in the race Caravan.
- IT Professional with 15 years of experience working for AT&T, MCI, National Science Foundation, Fannie Mae, Agilent Technologies and Progressive Insurance.
- Responsibilities have included software development, system analysis and support, database administration, scripting and all related tasks.
- Lead various sized teams of software developers and support personnel.
- College Park Bicycles, College Park, Maryland 1983-85
- Nova Cycles, Herndon, Virginia, 1995-1996
- College Park Bicycles, College Park, Maryland – Summers 1983, 1984, 1985
- Nova Cycles, Herndon, Virginia -Evenings 1995-1996
- Free Flight Bicycles, Marietta, GA -June 2007 – September 2007
- Provided race support to the IPC Disabled World Championship
- Worked as team mechanic for numerous track cycling competitions including 2000 USCF Elite National Championships
Racing & Riding Experience:
- Racing since 1978
- Former Category 3 on the road
- Current Category 3 on the track
- Captained a tandem for Paralympic Cyclists in training for the 2000 Paralympics
- Avid road fixed gear rider
- Successfully captain my family tandem with a tag-a-long and burley trailer in tow
- Taught 4 year old son to ride safely, always wearing his helmet
- USAC Expert Coach 2002-2004
- Member of the Peaks Coaching Group as well as independent coaching
- Trained by Hunter Allen and Andy Coggan to coach using power meter
- Conducted track clinics at the Colorado Springs Velodrome (1998-2005)
- USCF Official (2002-2004)
- Official Timer of the 1999 IPC World Disabled Cycling Championships (Personally timed and recorded 24 world records that were accepted by the IPC and UCI)
- Colorado Velodrome Association Race Announcer (2000-2006)
- Dick Lane Velodrome Announcer 2007 – Present
- 2001 USCF Pan American Game Qualifier
- 2002 & 2004 Masters National Championships
- 2006 Independence Day Grand Prix (UCI)
- 2006 Fred Cappy Grand Prix (UCI)
- 2007 USCF Junior National Championships
- 2008 USCF Junior National Championships
Cycling Software Development:
- Worked with Peaks Coaching Group on initial release of Cycling Peaks Software (www.CyclingPeaksSoftware.com)
- Developed initial version of Cycling Peaks Software website
- Provided test and debugging support during development and deployment
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science completed in 1992
- Managed all aspects of FixedGearFever (www.FixedGearFever.com) the internet’s premier bicycle track racing website.
- Created and maintained the Colorado Velodrome Association Website -1997-2005, 2006
- Designed and developed various cycling related web pages.
- Colorado Velodrome Association Board of Director – 1999-2004, 2006
- Colorado Velodrome Association – Volunteer of the year 2000, 2001, 2004
- Director of the Eastside Wheelmen Bicycle Racing Team – 1998-2006
- 5 Colorado Velodrome Association Team of the Year Awards
- Three Junior National Championship riders
- Managed the Colorado Velodrome Association Rider of the Year Points – 2000-2006