Let’s get this party started RIGHT!
You have all heard it before, I hope, pray, dream of not typing this post again. I’m not going to make any predictions – I’m just going to tell you what’s up.
The other day I got this crazy idea that I would start video blogging – sure, why not! I’ve done blogs, micro-blogging, facebook, Google+, Myspace… why not try out this video option. I have a phone that can do it, I have the idea – lets roll. Well, then I got this other idea that I talked about in a video blog …. It’s about 2 months until Labor day, I need to get focused, let’s pull together some folks and get going. Call it a challenge, encourage others to join in. Check up on each other – call me out if I don’t log my food – point it out to me! Tell me wassup…. so here is what I came up with that *I* am going to do.
- I’m going to use Google+ for most of my discussion. Of course, my G+ public posts go to Facebook and Twitter, so it will end up there.
- I’ve created a hashtag (#LaborDayChallenge) and I will post that in all posts related to the challenge.
- Not all of my post will be posts will be public. I’ve got a Circle for this. I will add those I am comfortable sharing my inner feelings and stuff! Those posts will be locked – those who it was shared with can reply, but they will be mine to control!
- I will share lots publicly, but not all.
- I will probably vlog about some of it, but not ALL of my vlogs will be related to working out or eating right!
That’s the challenge…. here are my personal goals for the challenge!
- Form several positive habits!
- Maintain accountability
- Consistently log my food
- Eat healthy
- Consistently log my workouts
- Continue to work the 8 principles of Celebrate Recovery
Last year, I was winning or placing in bicycle races. I weighed 20-30 pounds less than I do today. 4 months ago, I ran a half marathon in 10:30 pace – I could not do 6.2 at that pace on Sunday. Yes – I’ve gone backwards but I have not quit, so I have not lost!
So there you have it! If you see me screwing up – you can call me out on it! If you see me doing something right – compliments are appreciate but not necessary. As Dave Chapel would say…. “But I didn’t get arrested! You’re not SUPPOSED to get arrested!” … I’m SUPPOSED to do the right thing!
I am going to kick this thing off with a bike ride tomorrow! Hope to see you on the comet!