This is one or the strangest voicemails I have ever received. It makes me laugh – but sad too. I think they should let her talk to them!
I was driving to work today, minding my own business, much like every other day. I was a bit later than usual so I was going into the sun and it was BRIGHT!
At one point, tractor-trailer had make a turn and slowed down a cop. He jump4ed behind me and was behind me for a long time. Of course, you mind races – are my tags current? Did I do anything wrong? Am I speeding? No .. no… no… okay… he turns off. We can relax.
Looking under my sun visor, being careful… rolling a long at 35ish mph… i drop down a bit too late and realize RED LIGHT! As I see that I see a cop sitting at the gas station about 20 yards down the road. Toasted … if I lock up the brakes I will MAYBE stop in the intersection… i’m busted. THIS SUCKS… oh but wait… as I roll past the officer I realize he is talking on a cell phone looking forward. Now, I have to focus on my rear view mirror for a second to see where I should pull over. He’s not coming! HE’S NOT COMING! OMG! I am in shock. I roll along with my hands in the 10-2 hand position waiting… but he doesn’t come! The car that was waiting for a green light pulls out … catches and passes me.
I think I am going to buy a lottery ticket or something! Oy-chi-wow-ah!
Well – Trek decided they should use this as a good opportunity to help Lance. Help Lance = Bike Sales… he is the golden boy. I have no problem with that. They scrambled their workers and got him a new bike in less than a week. It is ALMOST identical to the first one. There is one subtle difference! Check out the picture!
The original bike was recovered and he will ride the original today in the Tour of California TT.
Back in 1990, a guy in Ireland (Seamus Shortall) had a TV card in his PC. He downloaded images off the live Tour de France coverage and I posted them on an FTP site. It was about as much internet coverage anybody had really seen of the Tour. Today, I’m sitting here at work. I can watch the race happen – but to be honest, this stage is about as boring and predictable as Atlanta traffic. I can listen, but the chucklheads talking are KILLING ME! I open up my twitter and realize that “Radio Tour” is giving us bits of info about the race. She’s talking to (via twitter) Johan Bruyneel (Lance’s boss). Allen Lim is bored out of his mind in the Garmin team car…. there are photos and much more.
This will make little or no sense to many people, but in short – it’s cool to me, to be connected to so many people so easily. I can watch, I can ignore, I can read later… the information is everywhere. There are even some rumors that when Lance’s stolen bike was recovered – it was on Twitter before it hit the news! Tech Support, News, Information … good stuff!
The more stuff you get into, the more stuff that breaks – but I’m proud of myself for giving up on my Facebook <–> Twitter sync issue! I just said “whateva…” and moved on. That’s progress for a geek like me!
My neighbor posted this on facebook and it made me laugh… so I did it too. Lame, I know!
1. YOUR REAL NAME:
James Scott Patton
2. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME:(mother and fathers middle names)
3. NASCAR NAME:(first name of your mother’s dad, father’s dad)
4. STAR WARS NAME:(the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name)
5. DETECTIVE NAME:(favorite color, favorite animal)
6. SOAP OPERA NAME:(middle name, town where you were born)
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd fav color, fav drink, add “THE” to the beginning)
The Green Dietcoke
8. FLY NAME:(first 2 letters of 1st name, last 2 letters of your last name)
9. STREET NAME:(fav ice cream flavor, fav cookie)
Chocolate Pralines and Pecan
10. ROCK STAR NAME:(current pets name, current street name)
11. PORN NAME: (1st pet, street you grew up on)
Py Wacket East End Avenue
12. YOUR GANGSTA NAME:(first 3 letters of real name plus izzle)
13. YOUR GOTH NAME:(black, and the name of one of your pets)
14. STRIPPER NAME: (name of your fav perfume/cologne, fav. candy)